View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 06:47 AM
HawkerJet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by LuvJockey View Post
From a Wall Street Journal posting:

"The Frontier Airlines executives and unions officials returning home from last Thursday’s auction in which Frontier was sold to Republic Airways Holdings Inc. were hailed as heroes.

"After landing in Denver, Frontier’s hub, their airplane taxied beneath a “water cannon salute” and was greeted at the gate by 200 cheering Frontier employees. “It was awesome,’’ recalls John Stemmler, president of Frontier’s pilots union.

"The deal with Republic has people in Denver celebrating because it prevented Frontier from being sold to Southwest Airlines, which would have likely resulted in thousands of job cuts. Republic, which is a contract flier for other airlines, will likely keep more Frontier jobs because it doesn’t currently employ ticket handlers or do route planning."
I for one didn't think that FAH being bought by a company it used to subcontract to as a victory. With SWA growth in Denver they very well may have needed the majority of the employees. I also didn't think that the SWA offer was a ticket to a seniority number for Lynx pilots, so don't go there.

We are seeing the true colors of the RAH management, and they are getting defensive. They were the recipient of misplaced affection post bankruptcy and now that they are dismantling F9 and throwing away L3 they wonder why people are angry.

Months ago BB spoke of a lack of trust from Frontier employees towards RAH and how that was troubling. Now he's complaining that the local paper wont print his spin. Everyone at RAH I assume gets his weekly letters. The first one since L3's demise was announced almost a month ago just came out and not one mention of our shutdown, not one.

This is not a company that cares at all about it's employee's despite their rhetoric.