View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 07:05 AM
zoooropa
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009

Originally Posted by HawkerJet View Post
I for one didn't think that FAH being bought by a company it used to subcontract to as a victory. With SWA growth in Denver they very well may have needed the majority of the employees. I also didn't think that the SWA offer was a ticket to a seniority number for Lynx pilots, so don't go there.

We are seeing the true colors of the RAH management, and they are getting defensive. They were the recipient of misplaced affection post bankruptcy and now that they are dismantling F9 and throwing away L3 they wonder why people are angry.

Months ago BB spoke of a lack of trust from Frontier employees towards RAH and how that was troubling. Now he's complaining that the local paper wont print his spin. Everyone at RAH I assume gets his weekly letters. The first one since L3's demise was announced almost a month ago just came out and not one mention of our shutdown, not one.

This is not a company that cares at all about it's employee's despite their rhetoric.
While I agree that RAH has zero concern about employee morale, and I am very sorry about the fate of L3, I feel compelled to comment on your SWA "ticket".

Over 20% of the FAPA pilots were going to be furloughed immediately upon a SWA acquisition (directly from SWAPA proposal) and this was in addition to the 10% already furloughed or on LOA. The "excess" FAPA pilots were going to remain FAPA pilots, not SWAPA pilots (again, directly from the SWAPA proposal).

This was prior to your union drive at Lynx. How would you end up with a seniority number when approximately 300 FAPA pilots were going to be without one?

Meanwhile, all active L3 pilots are going to be integrated in some manner. Who knows how that will shake out but you are going to be on the list. I just hope we can get an effective, independent union established immediately and negotiate a real CBA.