View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 10:08 PM
R Banger
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Default New CFI looking to relocate to So Cal.

Hello I have been a long time lurker, waiting to finish my CFI. I finished up a little over 2 months ago. Unfortunately here in Utah there just aren't many jobs available for CFIs with 0 dual given due to the abundance of colleges offering flight training in this area. I am planning to go to graduate school at UCLA or USC within the next couple years. I need to build my work experience and can't stand to sit around applying to places that tell me they aren't hiring. I would like to do my II/MEI to make myself more marketable, I already have all the lesson plans done, but just can't afford it right away. I was hoping to get a job somewhere and do it through whomever I can get hired by. I was looking to move to the San Diego area and possibly the Los Angeles area if I can't find a decent flight school in SD. I have searched and looked up dozens of airports and flight schools. I was wondering what schools you guys have experience with and recommend. I am planning on making a trip down there and walking my resume in and checking it out for myself, but would like some guidance. Thanks in advance.