View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 01:21 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Could there be a way to pay through the military? I'm also considering enlisting to get college paid for (and adventure, and patriotism and other cliche stuff).
It isn't "cliche stuff" OdetoMemory. It is part of the job.

Military would also pay for me to get PRK surgery. That would be a HUGE thing for me because I have 20/200 vision and astigmatism. I'd also go ATC which would open some doors for Navy Aviation Officering...
Yes - the military MIGHT pay for many things. It is HUGE as you say, but don't worry - they will get their pound of flesh our of you for that privilege.

After looking through the site, I'm guessing that I would be best to do the MGIB over the Post 9/11 Bill because the Post 9/11 doesn't cover flight training.
Somebody on here will know this answer better than I; but I don't even know if you can CHOSE the MGIB over the POst 9/11 bill if you enlist now. You havd better be sure to research this thoroughly.

Maybe this is my best track. I had been thinking Navy without this motivation anyways, this just adds another reason to enlist.
[/QUOTE]
I'm glad that you have been giving it some thought beforehand because going into the military just for the purpose of debt managment is likely to not work out the way that you envision it working out!

USMCFLYR