Old 03-05-2010, 06:21 AM
Deuce130
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 777 FO

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
In post #17 I posted the link that describes all the different types of incentive pay. What ACIP became after the Act of 1974 might be defined differently now, but I believe it came about for that very reason.
The medals might be an extreme - how about this concerning flight suits or patches. What would you think of someone going around wearing a doctor's smock or a Admin Officer wearing a patch given to a graduate of a tactical airlift course - or a pilot wearing a Fighter Weapons School/TopGun patch if they haven't been trhough the course? Those items are given because you accomplished something. Giving them to everyone is wrong IMO. It is the extreme end of the spectrum with the medals, but we are talking principles here aren't we?
Straw man I call it a difference of opinion. As I said before Deuce - it is OK if we disagree on this. I'm giving you MY opinion - not trying to change your mind. I'm sorry if you took it that way. Knock down my "straw man" all you want.

USMCFLYR
I'll backpedal a bit here...I didn't mean to imply that I do not care about people being awarded things they did not earn. Want the WIC patch? Go to the WIC. Want wings? Go to some kind of course that awards them. My point is that I'm not overly concerned with the traditional trappings that goes along with our career field. I don't get irritated seeing other people in flight suits or leather jackets that aren't pilots, for example. OK, back on thread.