View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 05:40 PM
MaxQ
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009

Originally Posted by MD80 View Post
I agree with you.

I was told first hand by the Midwest VP of Flight Operations that Republic never planned to pay the $119 per hour. It was only a carrot. I don't know where he got this idea.

The number I remember was that the Midwest pilots were offered a top pay of $87 per hour for Captains on E170, E190 and B717. The pay matched the Republic E170 scale (within one dlloar) but only to 12 years of seniority. They didn't include the Republics 13-20 year pay scales. That was the 40% different between the Midwest "take it or leave it" and Republic $119 per hour top pay.

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/a.../republic.html

This VP told me, face to face, that Midwest could never agree to paying Midwest Captains $119 per hour. My guess is very few Republic pilots will ever see that rate.
If the arbitrator reconizes longevity as well as a senority position that allows a Captain bid most of the YX guys would be at the 20 year rate. Depending on how the fence protection works out, some could get a chance to bid the Airbus.
If you follow the original posts it was to refute the idea that YX pilots would be better off somewhere else. If you are mid 50 or older and you get left seat at RAH with longevity pay, I would venture that since would probably never be Capt. at Delta,AirTran, JetBlu etc financially one would be well ahead at RAH.
It doesn't matter a tinkers dam if the 119/hr pay scale was only a carrot. If you have 20 years and in the 190 and its in the SLI deal, that's your pay rate. It is 24 dollars an hour better than a 190 at USAir.