Old 03-06-2010, 07:29 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by FDXLAG View Post
Nice strawman; hating government workers. Fact last week the Federal Government gained 7K employees private sector employees lost 360,000 (no Harry Reid comments allowed). Let me see if I can put this in terms you might be able to understand. Let us pretend that last week Delta gained 7K pilots but lost 360,000 passengers. How long till the airline goes under?

No one is talking about hating government employees we just see a trend that is unsustainable. Yes it must be nice to work for a non profit corporation (in reality operates at a rapidilly expanding deficit), that can command prices, where the union can bribe the managers, and if all other things fail they can just print money.
I hope those 7K gov't workers went to one of the DMV offices in San Diego. I waited for over 2 hours to get a temporary registration for a trailer - a task that took maybe 10 minutes.

I've always wanted to get into gov't flying vice the private sector, even when it was much more profitable to go private. I viewed the gov't side as much more stable and with good benefits for the long term. I would accept a low wage for those other bennies.

USMCFLYR