View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 09:57 AM
yxcanned
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: kicked to the curb

Originally Posted by hiredgun View Post
This leads to the point that the former Midwest CEO while good for the airline in it's early days, didn't have the operational competence and leadership to evolve and grow the airline with the changing times once it grew to be more than just a quaint little mom and pop operation. He was obviously in way over his head the last decade or more and was looking for a graceful exit road paved with gold and he got it, as far as most of the general public is concerned, but at the expense of 2000 employees' jobs. The reality is shameful but I doubt any of his neighbors near his new $2 million house in a gated Florida country club community will know any different. He got his...he11, he's even in the WI Aviation Hall of Fame. GMAFB! The YX BOD should've replaced him 15 years ago with someone possessing a proven operational track record but he was their darling and the business community's as well so that would've never happened unless he left on his own volition. Given the history of widespread operational incompetence and executive corruption in the industry, I imagine it would've been difficult for the BOD to find a quality CEO since executives like Bethune and Kelleher were the exception and not the rule.
Very accurate post.

One of the reasons I stayed at Midwest was I thought a new CEO was imminent. TH told me and several others at a small "talk with Tim" in Dec. 04 that he would retire in Dec. 06. I knew he was in over his head, but we had such a good product and loyal following, surely someone could be found to advance the company to the next level.

Sadly, it is BB with the loss of our seniority.

Regardless, nearly all my animosity in this debacle is directed at the selfish TH.