View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 05:09 PM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

How much flight time does a carrier pilot get on a 6-month cruise? Deployment? Whatever you call it.

And speaking of the Navy, I think one of the Navy IPs on here said about 50-60% of pilots are going to the helicopters, is that the case? And don't you still get fixed wing time (King Airs) mixed in with that?

What about the USAF and UAVs, how many pilots are going to that? A Captain I flew with not too long ago said the number was over 50% and his son was flying them out of Vegas. How long are you committed to UAVs or any plane for that matter?

What I'm getting at is if someone was told, "oh if you go military you don't have a lot of flight time and now with UAVS and helicopters you have less flight time for the airlines" but from my talks with airline recruiters ex-military pilots are handled differently then regionals. Regionals you measure pilots experience in thousands of hours of Part 121 PIC while military is military and at the end of 10 years you're just as much in the running given the "quality" of the flight time and the mission performed.