View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 08:51 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by johnso29 View Post
Bingo! The average airline passenger won't think twice about dropping $150 on dinner, $80 on a movie, $200 on a sporting event, $400 on a smart phone, $200 on a pair of jeans, and I could go on and on and on. But come heck or high water they ARE NOT paying more then the lowest price to fly. Guess they value all those material things more then their and their families life.
I am an American consumer and that means that I shop for the best value. I try to stretch my dollar to the max. Whether I pay $$$ on one airline to get to my destiation or $$ on another - in the end I expect to get to my destination. I also expect that my government is doing what is necessary to keep airline #1 and #2 safe enough for my family.

If airline #2 is operating at a level that is not safe then I expect my gov't to either fix it or stop it from operating and if that same airline can't operate at such a cost then I would think that it would go under.

The consumer isn't to blame for the prices. The airline industry is to blame. The industry need to price accordingly and if ma' and pa' can't afford to fly to grannie's house for Valentine's Day then they will either drive or send a card.

Do you people cherish those material things? Well....you have some people living on welfare but wearing $250 sneakers. Most Americans don't know the meaning of a budget or living within their means.

USMCFLYR