View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 01:22 PM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by Busboy View Post
You know, it's interesting...Everyone has their own take on the "improvements" of the last contract. Trip Rig, Training, CIC makeup, etc. And, I understand what you're saying about the old contract in regards to training conflicts.

But, in all my years at FDX, I can count on less than 1 hand the number of times that CRS honored my training request and conflicted with a trip that I got paid for, under the old system. The overwhelming majority of the time, they just put the training in the middle of my days off, where they wanted.

I actually prefer the new contract system. Bid for training by seniority. I have much more control of my schedule...Which is quality of life.
I have looked at my old schedules and got conflicted everytime I was on reserve and at least two other times, hard to tell. But if you preserved max days off they conflicted frequently as I recall. Could be wrong, but my schedules don't think so.

But there is no denying this allows them to do more with less and I count that as QOL minus, to each his own.