Thread: Eagle Life
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 06:58 PM
FLowpayFO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010

Decade upgrade, so plan to be poor for a long time. 11 days off a month on RSV, you either have airport ready which is usually from 0600-1400 or 1400-2200, or you will have a 2 hour call out from home/crashpad. And I believe the answer to your last question is, they do a max of 6 days in a row with a day off between those sequences. It depends on what base or equipment you choose/get that will determine how much flying you do, I'd keep asking different people if you can on their experiences. Overall the crews you fly with are great people that are dedicated in providing good service, sometimes you get unlucky and fly with complete pricks who think they are the 5 stripe commanders and gods gift to flying, all depends on the day I guess..

I'm not trying to be the debbie downer guy, but unless your looking to make Eagle your career airline or if you will be home based, I wouldn't recommend joining Eagle due to the lack of career progression here. I do not know your current situation/age/background so only take my views with a grain of salt and see what fits for you. Just from my experiences and with my career goals in mind(majors if they still exist in the future), I wish I would have gone elsewhere when I had the opportunity just due to the lack of career progression here.