View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 09:47 PM
NERD
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009

Spoken like a commuter lifer or management stooge. AA and any other airline are not being prevented from buying as many 70-76 seat aircraft that they want. They just can't outsource unlimited numbers to subcontractors. I think there is a much better chance of APA agreeing to some form of B scale(pay and work rules) for 70-100 seat jets then there is for capitulation on scope. I think there is a much better chance of subcontractors losing flying and shrinking as the REAL airline employees accept a lower standard for that flying. The mainline employees have given more than enough and are done. As far as coming to their senses and selling out, I think you are sadly mistaken. If AA trys ch 11 to rid themselves of scope AA will eventually end up ch7. No one wins then. Thinking outside the box, you could possibly see a compass type of scenario with flow up and down for AA pilots.

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
For this to be true, it could only mean that the APA has softened on scope for that is one area that AMR has to have relief for AA to be a viable future competitor. As the 50-seaters wither and die, if there are no 70-76 seaters to replace them, AA has no feed and will suffocate.

If the APA leadership is softening on scope and intends to inform its pilots after the fact, my guess is many in the rank-and-file will want their heads on a platter. It's clear many want to burn the house to the ground and take their chances in BK, then capitulate on scope.

Of course, it wouldn't be the first time a union leadership either came to their senses or sold out their constituency before.