Old 03-15-2010, 06:41 AM
NoStep
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009
Position: Missionary

Originally Posted by AirWillie View Post
This is good, let's see if it passes. 800 is better than commercial mins. And also let's see if they actually enforce it when they actually need more warm bodies and no one shows up.
Couldn't disagree more!
The Colgan crash families are operating under the false premise that politicians can fix this. (Whenever I've had a Mx problem, I always ask a gate agent to fix it)

Let's see if I got this right?
Renslow and Shaw both met every single requirement that's been proposed thusfar, (ATP's, 800-1,500 hours, multi-crew training, airline approved training for icing conditions, etc.) Neither one was a zero-to-hero at Colgan.

What would prevent this from happening again? Shut down places like Gulfstream and go up the rectum of Colgan's training department with a microscope, and put shady operators and the RAA on notice.

The families mentioned laud this STUPID proposal, and in turn enable the very pay-to-play places like Gulfstream that produced a pilot like Renslow. I'm I the only one who thinks the ATP and 800hour/icing compromise have nothing to do with this accident? I'm insulted that obviously not a single pilot is being consulted on this p.o.s. legislation?