Thread: Eagle Life
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 08:12 AM
shfo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by Mason32 View Post
Might want to check that. I've heard there are times when it's true, and times when it's not... I think it depends on how much you had already flown that day before getting FTG... at least that's how it used to work.
If you are on reserve and you have already flown 3:54 that day you don't lose pay no matter what. If you are a line holder or haven't flown 3:54 on reserve you submit a fatigue debrief that is looked over by ALPA and the VP of flight ops. If it was the company's fault ie, reduced rest, loud hotel, 8 leg day, 14 hour duty day, bunch of mx delays etc. you will have it restored.

You may wanna check into this too. I really don't think you can pick up any flying on a RSV day you dropped. Tried that and the person I had for CS on that day said no

Depends on the base, aircraft, seat, staffing and scheduler. At the begining of the month they approve drops based on a staffing number, they then usually block all the open time. As the month goes on and the staffing goes down they'll unblock usually only a couple of days before the sequence is to begin. If staffing is really tight they will let you pick it up. Seen it many times. It's a gamble but it can pay off.