View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Daniel Larusso
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006

I was mainly referring to the latest "O-gram" where the SCP actually typed an email and sent it to the crew force.

I quote the portion that I was referring to.... "Expect excesses in the 727 and Airbus which might result in secondary awards in the 757 and 777."

This is not possible under our system of vacancy postings/excess postings.
Yes, I know and as I said on page 1, it was a poor choice of words. I just fail to see why people are so up in arms about it. He's made typo's/faux pas before and he will again. A ton of his info has been inaccurate, but imo no more inaccurate than the other people I've seen in charge since I've been here. It just looks worse because: he's nowhere near as good of a bs'er as the others, the well-chronicled typos, and he also gets to be in charge during what has been a horrible time in the FedEx crew force history(no tears for that, but fact is everything he does is consciously/unconsciously viewed through that prism). In the end, I find his information just as credible as the rest of the stuff I've heard from management and like many others I was taught long ago to only believe something if the union verifies it and/or it's painted and on the ramp. If there isn't a contract violation/attack involved, I personally can't get that riled up about it and their isn't one with the intent expressed in the O gram. If there is one, grab me a pitchfork and some lighter fluid.

Is that so much to ask of the "System friggin' Chief Pilot"?
No, but it be what it be around here. Is it too much to ask to not being turning in reams of paperwork years after going to an EFR, or any other of the similar questions we all could come up with? I just fail to see why this is getting more attention than even the prospect of another round of excesses which is probably why I'll stop talking about it after this!

I'm not suggesting that the SCP is calling the shots or even has insider information of what's even being discussed.
I couldn't tell if you were only referring to his gaffe about secondaries or the indecision in Overnight's post about whether the company was going to excess or just not fill secondaries which is why I made those remarks.

he has to always immediately follow up with an in-person hub turn meeting to explain what he meant.
I find it funny more than anything. Of course at most places, he'd have an audience at a hub turn meeting that could comfortably camp out in a Fotomat, especially in times like these but that's another topic for another time I suppose.