Old 03-23-2010, 05:13 AM
toney
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Default Take Off and Landings ( Both Soft and Short)

Hello Everyone,
I want to say thank you to everyone who assisted me in getting my normal landings together and right. I could not of done it without your help. I really appreciate it. Thanks once again. I am asking if you can assist me or giving me some advise on how to do soft field and short field take off and landings. I am having these problems outlined below on soft field and short filed take off and landings.

Soft field Take Off:

(1) Not knowing when and how much back pressure to release to stay in ground effect until my Vy Speed is attained. I always over correct. Somtimes the plane comes out of ground effect before i reach my Vy speed.

Soft Field Landing:

(1) For the airplane i fly ( Piper Cadet PA 28), It is recommended that we land with 1100 - 1200 RPM of power. When I try to land with this power setting, i balloon a lot. Sometimes I would have to just add full power and do a go around or I try to release some back pressure then try and flare again.

Short Field Landing:

(1) I normally land beyond the desired touch down point. I normally want to land on the second stripe, but i normally go beyond it.

Thanks in advance for your time and your assistance. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks once again.