View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 04:33 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Hey Ian

Ian,

In other words what Mike is saying is that you are hosed. I am in the same boat and unless you are willing to risk it all then you had better stay put and settle in. It is a crazy way to hire but here we are. I know guys who have 850 hours of 757-200 PIC and they have to apply to Skywest since they don't have the holy 1000 121 turbine minimums. Almost everyone under the age of 36 at NWA, DAL and UAL doesnt have the 1000 PIC either. What will happen to them when they are flushed out into the streets? Their careers will be over. They can't even get insured to fly a King Air as PIC.

I know how frustrating it is to be stuck in the right seat. Others who got on with bad companies quickly upgrade and get on with JetBlue while you rot away in the right seat of 320. It isn't fair. Back in the 1980's you couldn't get hired at many places with any command time. Fashion trends in hiring have reversed things. Perhaps it will swing back someday.

Thanks to Mikes criticism of my spelling I found that the GOOGLE toolbar offers a form spell checker. Try it out. Armed with that and my college grammar guide he hasn't busted me since. Oh please don't bust me Mike.

SkyHigh

Say Mike, Were you an english major?