Thread: Need advise.
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 04:55 AM
SWAcapt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: B737, Capt.

Ian, just a thought, but I knew a guy that was flying for I believe Capitol Air Transport while laid off of Delta. He was in a similar position to yours (so he said). He wanted to get on with SWA but was short on Turb.PIC time. He said that he was about 6 months from upgrade(1.5yr total) with his cargo gig on the 727. My advice was to stay and do the upgrade and get the large jet PIC time. The next week he was recalled to DAL and went. He's still short on the PIC time.
You might want to look into something like this perhaps closer to your home. Do some research as to quick upgrades and go get the time. Make a pro and con list and determine if you are really preparred to take the short term pain to achieve the long term gain. Only you can answer these questions. If you are married, you need to get your wife fully onboard and supportive etc. If you're single, you can sleep in the back seat of your car. It might not seem fair as was addressed on another thread but you need to supply the company the product that they are looking for. If you are driven and able, make yourself look the best to the company that you are applying to. You are a commodity, sell them the best product that they are looking for. Best wishes for whatever you decide. I truly believe that the only one that can defeat me is myself. My friend Sky says you're screwed and stay where you are. I say there is always hope. I've lost many battles and could have let myself become defeated but winning the war is the goal. Be the warrior. You now have two perspectives. Hope this helps.

Last edited by SWAcapt; 11-22-2005 at 05:03 AM.