Thread: Tanstaafl
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 08:59 AM
jungle
With The Resistance

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Burning the Agitprop of the Apparat

Originally Posted by III Corps View Post
A long post to essentially the wrong people. I doubt this forum is representative of that segment of the country that believes money just happens and comes FROM the government; that they are ENTITLED to it; and it is the RIGHT thing to do.

The 'moocher class' believes there is a free lunch. The same ones that believe 'buy 3 tires, get one free' and 'a free gift with paid subscription'.
Not really that long, just an amusing history of the origins of an expression, but of course, I am easily amused. History, human nature and the evolution of human interaction form a rich field of things worth examining more closely. Everything is there, from the tragic to the comic and it can be a source of both awe and disgust. Happy reading!
Long would be something like 3,000 pages that nobody actually reads.

I just like to watch the rise and decline, the turn of the tides and the stars burning hydrogen far above our tiny struggle.

Sometimes it is useful to step away from the noise and examine ideas.
To turn them over in your hand like a finely machined part, to marvel at the fit and finish, the design and material. To realize it is the physical manifestation of ideas. And like parts, it becomes obvious that some ideas and their physical manifestations are of much higher quality than others.

Last edited by jungle; 03-26-2010 at 10:41 AM.