View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 11:39 AM
MD11Fr8Dog
...Whatever It Is!

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by R1200RT View Post
Hey I DID NOT say Memphis was great/or better than anything, I said all places have good and bad. I know you know this S since we have talked at great length about it. Now you have a very cool/unique deal. Like I told you if guys live in a neighborhood anywhere in the country I'd rather it be where I can spend the max time with my family. You are a rock-star and live on a farm, I'd still pick family, but your deal would be tempting.
No rock star status here, and yes I do live on a farm - so how have I picked against family, as your statement implies? BTW - my "deal" is cool, but not "unique" where I live. Its just what we have chosen. You have chosen to live differently.

We rarely lock our doors, I'm comfortable with my 6 yr old daughter roaming our acreage, or each of my 5 immediate neighbor's acreage (close to 100 aces total), as long as I know, and as long as her dog follows with her - she has a modified (24v I converted from 12v - goes fast) electric car she drives around to visit neighbors. We fish in our ponds, we catch turtles, ride our horses, explore the woods and swamp on our property, enjoy our pets (3 barn cats, 4 house cats and a dog), tree fort/zip line in the works, mess around outside, etc. She rarely watches TV - one movie a week as a family (I hate CareBears, btw).

As someone else stated here earlier, would I chose to live in the Memphis area if I didn't work there? Heck no, so I'm not going to subject my wife and family to living there against their will. I was willing to move there, and as you know, we looked. But nothing we found was worth the move. So, I'd say I picked family too!

If you're happy, that's great. Most of us that don't live in the Memphis area are happier to not live there for whatever each of our individual reasons might be. No need to keep lauding the wonderful attributes of Melvis every time the subject comes up! We know how much you love it!

Of course, your mileage may vary, some settling of contents may have occurred during shipping and handing and void where prohibited!