afterburn81
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2007
  • Position
    A320
Quote: I have a question.

For us low timers, how do you get from 250 to 1500 with crew conditions and things like that if flying 135 requires 1500 also?

I'm just very confused about how you would reach that 1500... without paying for every hour that is. (and don't tell me banner/pipewatch/etc.)

I mean what real commercial flying job can you have to get to 1500 that has the crew management and all the things they want?(instructing will get you there but not with crew management)

Don't get me wrong, this bill will make pay finally go where it should. people have no idea pilots are underpaid. I tell my friends what FOs make in regionals and even Majors (and how much training cost) and they don't believe me. It's ridiculous.
Good question. The same way everyone else did it when the minimums to get hired at a regional carrier were at least 2000tt. They did, so can't everyone else. You'll thank congress for doing this one day. It's hard to see now but when you get past the honeymoon of flying you'll remember this post. Goodluck.