View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 10:28 AM
RedeyeAV8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by OV1D View Post
.......................Extending the retirement age for airline pilots to age 65 is a provision that is germane in terms of jurisdiction and saves the federal government lots of money and thus is likely to pass the “sniff test”. However, it could possibly be objected by a Senator with pockets stuffed with ALPA and APA money motivating him/her to demand a point of order under Senate Rule 16. If a such a Senator makes a point of order on Rule 16, then it would have to then get 51 Senators voting against the point of order to keep the provision in the bill. Since most will agree that there are at lest 60 and possibly 70 Senators who have said that they would vote in favor of S.65, the point of order would very likely be put down.
NO COMPROMISE!
OV1D I susppose there are no Senators or Congressman whose pockets are being stuffed with cash from Lobbyists hired by the BIG corporoations??

Please..................Hey by the way, do you know where Former Congressman Duke Cunningham (Rep CA) is these days? What was the name of that Republican guy from Texas who resigned because he was up on Fraud and corruption charges....Tom Delay I think??

Ever hear the name Jack Abramoff ?.......who did he work for again???

Sure ALPA lobbies congress.........but they hardly have the cash that the BIG corporations do. I for one thank GOD everyday that us Professional Pilots have an organization like ALPA (faults and all) looking out for Pilot issues on the hill. Without them we would be mere truck drivers.