View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 07:33 PM
jungle
With The Resistance

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Burning the Agitprop of the Apparat

Originally Posted by CaptFuzz View Post
I always felt a little bit insulted that they thought Burger King, Dairy Queen, and Pizza Hut would boost my morale. They take some of the cheapest, mass produced junk that passes for American Culture, and then set it forward as a reminder of the American Way of Life that we're all there fighting for.

But that was just my personal take on it. I hear some people actually want to eat that junk. To each their own I guess.
Reality and our grasp on it is a good indicator of mental health. Some may see the food as a symbol of something less than desirable, but to paraphrase the man "sometimes a bucket of fried chicken is only a bucket of fried chicken."

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
I spent OIF in Key West fighting Super Hornets, so my post 9/11 combat experience is zero.

That said...keeping the peace in PSAB enforcing no-fly zones, I saw first hand pilots harrassed daily between chow halls and PT tents and Ops for the silliest of infractions...including improper wear of the boonie hat and raising hell with us for "morale patches" which were our "NATO Tiger Eagle Driver" patches but in subdued tan and brown to match our uniforms. We were told we had to wear the provisional wing patch.

The fix? I bit my lip. I took notes. And I dropped papers at the 14 year point...the first chance I had to bail. Zero regrets since. We flew stupid missions inforcing an assinine policy, but the most important thing to the leadership at the time was making sure nobody had a non standard patch.

I really feel for the guys in harms way. Feeling like your own hall monitors are out there harrassing you just makes what should be a proud feeling of service more like being in detention in junior high.
Great post, rest easy, there will be no shortage of lobster and steak in the halls of power.

Thanks to everyone for not posting "The Fobbit Song" on youtube. That would be a TOS violation.