View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 07:33 PM
R1200RT
Living the dream!

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: MD-11 Capt

Originally Posted by MD11Fr8Dog View Post
Never said commuting didn't suck, its just when the costs are weighed against the benefits, its not worth living in domicile for US! I live out of domicile for my family. You, RT and others live in domicile for your own reasons! My only gripe is the proselytizing of the virtues of living in domicile by those that live in domicile! It's almost like they are still trying to convince themselves! We're all smart enough to make our decisions based on what's important to our own families and our own lives.

I looked at living in domicile and we could not find or make the set up (land, community, proximity to family, schools, etc) that would work for us! I've always bid for lifestyle and not BLG, so I have no qualms about my number of days at home or my number of days at work. What works for us, may not work for you or RT. If the costs out weigh the bennies, FOR US, we would reconsider, but right now, they don't!

And in 9 yrs, 7 months and 24 days when I have my 25 yrs (or 11yr 1 month 9 days to 60) I won't be moving. I'll already be in my retirement home!
Look at the big brain on Fr8dog. Man you know I'm not trying to convert you. I just said ever place has it's draw backs. And the commuters went to general quarters.
You said/challenged me to "show you how Memphis is better" than where you live. So, I said you'd have more time with your family. Then you get personal trying to bash me about the way I work my schedule and compared you to me and how you do better, or implied as much.

Way off base dude, I said you lived like a rock star and you bash me for manipulating my schedule... what's wrong with you? (don't answer that I can't read another 500 word essay)