View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 11:54 AM
shdw
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Originally Posted by StudentFlyer View Post
Thanks shdw. I do all the stuff you said to do in your post, but will look into the book suggestion. In addition, I do have a tendency to provide additional information, which I know I have been told I think too complex and explain things too complex, which has buried me on my oral busts.
Think of it like a police interrogation. Do you really want to teach him how you shot the guy when all he asked for was your name?

Esa17: First impressions are always good. Granted if you walk in in a suit with papers all over versus torn apart jeans and a manila folder with all of your briefing information organized, dress doesn't matter. However, dressing up, comfortably mind you, is one way to look organized even from a distance.

I did say this, " At least khaki pants and a collared shirt." I don't think khaki's and a collared shirt is too much to ask or too uncomfortable. However, I went suit, tie, and jacket to the FAA ride from my flight instructor certification as well as for my commercial multi/single.

Dressing up shouldn't change who you are. For some though, it does have a positive impact on their attitude. In my case I feel as though what I am doing is of more importance and I don't find it uncomfortable or a hassle to put on some nice cloths.

Just IMO of course.