View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 07:08 AM
TenYearsGone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: 7ERB

Originally Posted by SourGrapes View Post
I want my 2% percent back. They are completely useless. Secretaries at ALPA make more than me. I couldn't believe the salaries of these people. I can only find 2006 data, but some of them made almost half a million a year. My current contract is only slightly better than the FAR's and my pay is pathetic. Haven't had a raise in years while they "negotiate". And when they do settle a contract, I won't get any back pay...what a joke...

That whole alpa magazine was so condescending and pathetic, it made me sick to my stomach. Then I find out they made up stories to force us to be more "professional". The writer of that article makes 140k a year, can you believe it? It is quite apparent that alpa has lost their way, we need new representation as pilots.
As pilots a majority of us are Conservatives, thus I can see your frustration.

True, Alpa is a political machine. True, Alpa officers do get paid more than we do. True, sometimes it seems like they turn their back on the working stiff.
However, look at your management, THEY ARE NO BETTER! They come in, pilfer your company and leave.

What needs to be done is EDUCATION. EDUCATE the new pilots and reEDUCATE the old pilots.

We, as pilots, need to get bold and aggresive. ALPA needs to start showing some teeth and declare WAR when needed.

Currently, UNIONS and Conservatives dont mix. Everybody is out for themselves. Until you consider the UNION as ONE PILOT, then you can hold your CONSERVATIVE nature to your heart and FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU DESERVE.

Remember, The UNION (although democratic in nature) is really a good, "selfish" means of attaining the best in work rules, pay and what once was retirement. We just need to start being STRONGER.

TYG