View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 08:40 AM
goaround2000
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: ERJ145 Captain

Originally Posted by Lighteningspeed View Post
Yeah, that is interesting. How is flying an additional hour contribute to improve the current duty and rest requirement? I thought the whole point was that we, as pilots are already overworked and fatigue is an insidious form of performance deterioration. I am definitely against increasing 8 to 9 flying hours per day. That would defeat the whole purpose of limiting the maximum duty hours per day to 12. Besides, like you said, that would negate the need for additional pilot hiring.
Guys,

Not that I don't think you've read the proposals on the floor, but seeing as there is so much information out there right now, you may want to re-read the conditions. The duty and flight time, will be predicated on time of show based on your domicile. I have a hard time keeping up with everything myself, and I'm not necessarily advocating an increase in our flying time per day, but when you look at the science behind it, it's clear that 9 hours of flying between the hours of 9am and say 8pm (duty included) is a whole lot different than 9 hours of flying starting at 5am.

goaround