View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Jetjok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by FliFast View Post
7 years of flying to attain 1300, but it's good quality ?

1300 hours is 1300 hours. 15 hours a month.

I'm not unappreciative of our courageous men and women of the armed forces, but call it what it is, and furthermore who cares how many hours the pilot in question. None of us are immune to accidents, incidents, violations, and just plain boneheaded mistakes....experience just means you've probably already made the same mistake and learned from it without incident.

FF

FF
Yes, of course you're right. 1300 hours is indeed 1300 hours. And there certainly can't be much difference between C-172 time and F-18 (flying off of an aircraft carrier.) I'm sure any interview board would rate both guys about the same. Another interesting point is that if this guy got hired at FedEx with minimum time, he is either a good stick (or for you heavy boys, a good yoke) or he's got some serious friends on the hiring board. I prefer to think that he's a good pilot. I do agree that in this business, there are those who have and those who will. That's why they publish accident and incident reports, so that we can learn and hopefully not repeat anothers mistake.

JJ