View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 09:01 AM
Flyby1206
SDQ Base Chief

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA

Originally Posted by AAflyer View Post
Actually LCCs do far more than regionals.. I would be very worried if I were EGL. As to the last sentence, I am sure APA will be checking wether this violates our agreement. Sounds like you are happy. Enjoy!

AA
Oh yea, LCCs do a hell of a lot more than regionals. I meant that the reason for Eagle to exist was to feed AA int'l flights, and now JB can do that without the added cost of owning/running Eagle. In the end AMR is concerned about feeding AA/oneworld int'l flights, and Eagle's best interests don't count in that equation. APA wants Eagle shut down, and this is your chance to get rid of us. AMR wants Eagle sold off so they dont have to worry about the cost of operations, so this is an easy way of getting rid of us too.

I'd love it if everyone had a change of heart and valued Eagle as a member of AMR, but that aint gonna happen. I'm not happy to see this happen, but what can we do at Eagle to force AMR to re-think things?? We have zero leverage from our side, and are just the dog to kick when things go wrong.