View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 10:03 AM
hyperone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 777 Capt

Originally Posted by pig on the wing View Post
I called contract enforcement today to get some info on potentially leaving the ANC domicile either by choice or by excess and I ended my conversation confused....surprised?? If I bid out of ANC to MEM or LAX and want to move my family and commute out of PDX does the ANC move package LOA provide any money for moving expenses to PDX? If I stay in ANC as a domicle but move to PDX is there any money provided? And if I get excessed and move to PDX is their any money provided?
Yes, I read the contract, yes I called, and yes I am not that bright...my spelling and grammar probably blow too...wouldn't think of adding a discuss..
cheers
Pig, I believe the CBA Chapter 6.B.2. - Distance Limitations section quoted below, means the company will not pay for any move to PDX. They will only pay for a move to within 100 NM of your new domicile (whether MEM or LAX). I would try calling or writing the ALPA Contract Enforcement office again to confirm this. Maybe this time you will get someone who has a clue about this section of the contract.

2. Distance Limitations
A pilot shall not be entitled to a move package unless:
a. the domicile (or base in the case of an FDA) to which he is moving is more than 50 nautical miles from his current domicile (or base in the case of an FDA); and
b. the permanent residence to which he is moving is more than 50 nautical miles from his current permanent residence; and
c. the domicile (or base in the case of an FDA) to which he is moving is more than 50 nautical miles from his current permanent residence; and
d. the residence to which he is moving is within 100 nautical miles of the domicile (or base in the case of an FDA) to which he is moving; and
e. the residence to which he is moving is in the same country as the base.