View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 11:02 AM
AFW_MD11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: MD11 FO, ANC

Originally Posted by hyperone View Post
Pig, I believe the CBA Chapter 6.B.2. - Distance Limitations section quoted below, means the company will not pay for any move to PDX. They will only pay for a move to within 100 NM of your new domicile (whether MEM or LAX). I would try calling or writing the ALPA Contract Enforcement office again to confirm this. Maybe this time you will get someone who has a clue about this section of the contract.

2. Distance Limitations
A pilot shall not be entitled to a move package unless:
a. the domicile (or base in the case of an FDA) to which he is moving is more than 50 nautical miles from his current domicile (or base in the case of an FDA); and
b. the permanent residence to which he is moving is more than 50 nautical miles from his current permanent residence; and
c. the domicile (or base in the case of an FDA) to which he is moving is more than 50 nautical miles from his current permanent residence; and
d. the residence to which he is moving is within 100 nautical miles of the domicile (or base in the case of an FDA) to which he is moving; and
e. the residence to which he is moving is in the same country as the base.
This is why, I agree, it's best not to rely on any info here on APC alone.

It is all very complex and intertwined - especially when you start talking about moving to/from ANC.

Having said that.....I could be wrong, but I believe there is an exception to Hyperone's statements/quotes of the CBA Section 6 above - IF you fall under the 2006 ANC LOA - read the second paragraph of the "preamble" to the LOA (paragraph prior to paragraph A):

".....those same pilots shall be allowed to relocate from and to the United States mainland...."

and

".....The cost of a relocation back to the United States mainland shall be limited to the cost of the actual move or the cost of a move to Memphis, Tennessee, whichever is less."

which implies that you could be paid to move somewhere OTHER THAN MEM upon returning from ANC - having satisfied the requirements of actually moving TO ANC in the first place - AND living there for the full 36 months.

I could be totally whacked....but that's how I read the 2006 ANC LOA.

WARNING: Call/email both the company AND ALPA again to confirm all this before bidding anything with an "APC understanding"