Thread: Retirement
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 12:43 AM
B Swinney
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Still working on my instrument license after like two years.
Default I saw the program.

Originally Posted by fdxbusdriver View Post
If you missed the show, it can be viewed online at:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...tirement/view/
Please watch the show before blasting SkyHigh on how he is trying to kill peoples' dreams. I saw the program when it aired on television yesterday and when I saw what SkyHigh posted it made sense. No one is trying to be a "dream killer". I'm sure we all know and can dream about a lot of good aspects of becoming a professional pilot, but as for the bad aspects, perhaps it takes someone who has gone through a few experiences to let us in on a few things that we either didn't know or ignored.

Please just watch the program, it is free, and then come back to the forum and read the forum from the beginning.

As for my thoughts of the program.... I still want to fly as a professional pilot, but over the last two years I have come to the conclusion that if I want to become financially free/independent I'll need to rely on myself/something else besides working for someone to achieve my goal. I may not have a college education - as of now - but I am ecstatic that success does not require one. Well that's all I have to say for now.