View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 06:37 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by GenKekoa View Post
Hi everyone!!
This is my first post here, so I guess I'll do a lil bit about me. I'm 20 years old and hold a Private Instrument Pilot Cert. I'm SLOWLY (financial woes) working to become a CFI. I recently got Logbook Pro thinking it was the way of the future and figured I might as well start it now. Anyway, a few questions came to mind.
1. How will I get endorsements in it? I already got my complex and high perf. Theyre in my old paper logbook. But how can an instructor sign on Logbook Pro? Would I just keep a paper logbook just for endorsements to be signed?
2. How can an instuctor sign period? lol For all the lessons I had, the instructor signs for each flight. On Logbook Pro would just his name, CFI number, and Exp. Date suffice?
Logbook pro does not eliminate the need for a paper logbook. Any required signatures/endorsements require paper. Technically there is no legal specification for a logbook...you could write it on a brick using a crayon, but it would have to be in writing.

You can use an e-logbook for recording routine flights, and keep the paper one just for endorsements, dual-received, etc.