View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Herkulesdrvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by Rider850 View Post
OK Hercules. JB switched over to Sabre for a few slots? Try furloughed for a decade and then tell me you don't have any worries. What is comical is your lack of understanding of the term "OUTSOURCING".
Sorry to have hurt so many feelings, however, the fact remains that you or I have zero influence on what management does. They work for investors and the board of directors not us. At the end of the day if they want to outsource then they will outsource. If I lose work then who's fault is that? Its mine and its called personal responsibility.

Lets hypothetically say that AA or JB outsource, merge, go bankrupt, whatever. Would it be any different than Eastern, Pan Am, TWA, Braniff? If you have total belief in this industry taking you to retirement then you are just a fool, sorry to say.

Management works for the board of directors and investors. Think about how many investors have money in a company and then think about the board of directors. Do you really believe management is going to take the road of whiny pilots or are they going to save their bacon by keeping the board and investors content? Seriously, I urge you to think about it for just a second.