View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Daniel Larusso
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Originally Posted by FDXLAG View Post
Must mean 4A2b is about over. They dont want to overpay the 75 anymore if they have to buy up the others.
It could be as simple that as that, but knowing them it probably isn't. 24 crews only represents 2-3 months training max with 12 a/c coming between May 10-11. Perhaps this is a fishing expedition to see if they can entice the senior people off the front seats of the 727? I don't know why they would move if they haven't by now, but I'm betting they prefer to move those guys over versus excessing the 727. It looks like they've basically posted the excess number for the 727, which is pretty much in line with what they did before I believe. It looks like they're planning on running the BLG's in the front seats way up by leaning things out even further than they are now and whatever surplus is left they hope to force to HKG or simply pay min-guarantee or BUV for those people in the back seat until they are absorbed into the front. Looks like that will occur starting next year because while the 727 operating fleet increases slightly this year, it's looking at a big drop in 2011-2012. I wonder how many people will get roped into going to HKG this year without thinking about that?