View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 11:47 AM
hyperone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 777 Capt

Originally Posted by AFW_MD11 View Post
sin

Allow me answer your question with another question....

(I don't know the answer to my question either)

What is our overall accident/incident RATE compared to, say, frequency of takeoffs/landings?

Is it within the statistical average rates for all MAJOR airlines or all CARGO airlines that operate worldwide? or is it so far outta whack (statistically) that it is a HUGE/glaring problem that needs to be somehow "fixed" yesterday?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the MD11 isn't the only airplane that we've "crashed" (or hull loss or major damage) here at FedEx, is it? (727, MD10, Airbus?)

And...FedEx isn't the only airline that has "crashed" MD11's either, are we? even recently (Shanghai on takeoff)

so.....I don't know/have the stats, but maybe all our MD11 "problems" that this first-time-poster/highly experienced/has-it-all-figured-out "jetkid" is blaming on our FedEx MD11 crews' "juniority" and "lack of experience on the jet" aren't even significant (statistically)

(with all due respect to FX80 crew and their families - of course that single event is/was significant to them)
AFW, according to JP, our new Safety Managing Director, Fedex has the worst accident and safety record of any airline in the world. So yes, it is "statistically significant", and it is a "HUGE" problem that needs to be fixed. I'm not sure what the causes or solutions are, but there's no denying our safety record is atrocious.