View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 04:21 PM
FighterHayabusa
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: 150 left seat if I'm lucky

Originally Posted by jungle View Post
Roughly 73% of all Federal income tax is collected from about 10 percent of the earners. I can well imagine the outcry if 10% of the population was targeted in a similar manner due to ethnic or geographic reasons. It is discrimanatory, it is wrong and it will one day be viewed as slavery is today.
Taking my money and time is taking my life, cute labels like regressive and progressive are like calling the holocaust the final solution.

We all need to pay taxes, ten percent for everyone would solve two major problems. Government is way too large and has become far too expensive for the average person. How many of us could write a check for around 1.5 million dollars that the gov has obligated every family of four to pay?
Second, they need to stop selling what they don't own, they have no right to spend well beyond what they collect.

A tax on just half of us is just wrong, and there is no possible logical defense. If we don't share the responsibility, how can we possibly share the benefit?
While you may be more on the hook for wars (your time lost), you are getting a pretty good deal for the highway you drove to work on (your time saved). Slavery? I doubt it - it's exactly that kind of ranting that will keep Libertarianism a fringe idea. If you want to actually make a difference start reading someone like Tyler Cowen who doesn't turn off everyone except his circle of whiner friends.