AAmerican Way for AA Pay
B757200ER
AAmerican Way for AA Pay
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2005
  • Position
    B-737 Pilot
Quote: Oh, you mean like the 500 or so junior American pilots who took captain positions at Eagle out of senority order. Yeah, that was fair. You guys signed the Letter 3 agreement and benefitted from it. Now it does not benefit you, therefore you don't like it. Sounds like an American pilot, he wants the cake and the ability to eat it too, to the exclusion of everyone else.

BTW, if Eagle guys are newhires, tell me how they have senority numbers? This was part of the agreement that many furloughed American pilots took advantage of when they needed a job, but now it is unfair?
There wasn't ever 500 flow-backs, that is more over-estimating and exaggeration by your side. The highest number of AA flow-backs at AMR Eagle was just under 300, and herein lies the problem: The Flow-Thru agreement was designed for Eagle pilots to flow up to AA, but in severe circumstances, such as a 3,000 pilot furlough from AA, there was a provision to allow AA furloughees to flow-BACK to AMR Eagle. Not the way it was designed, but it was allowed under the 4-part agreement.

Now, regarding seniority numbers, you can't excercise them until you get HIRED at AA, which cannot occur until all AA pilots previuously furloughed are recalled. That hasn't happened, and you all know that hiring 300 Eagle pilots prior to AA furloughees being recalled is dead wrong, regardless of what a senile arbitrator rules.

I was hired by TWA---Trans World Airlines; then acquired by AA. Therefore, your 'cake' statement doesn't apply. I've been furloughed almost 7 years.