Old 04-12-2010, 05:31 AM
Beagle Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: EMB-145

Originally Posted by lsl80 View Post
Some things for the 244 flows to consider.
Thanks for the info. While this may sway some of the FTs, many already commute from older, but now closed domiciles such as BNA and RDU so switching commute destinations isn't a big deal. Furthermore, some of those guys have been dying to get to AA for a decade. They'd go even if amputating a finger or two was required. Not me, of course. I don't need to fly a big shiny jet to feel good about my airline career.
Originally Posted by lsl80 View Post
Now can you AE pilots do what is right and allow any flowbacks still at AE, to fly Captain?
Non sequitur. What does an arbitration ruling have to do with an expired LOA? The APA had the opportunity to "do what is right" for their own people by entering into negotiations to renew Letter 3. They declined.

The APA had the opportunity to stick with a negotiated solution to Letter 3/Supplement W issues. They walked out. True, the company torpedo about scope put a damper on the talks, but a complete walk out wasn't required. APA didn't like the agreement to begin with so it just gave them an excuse to dump the entire thing. If you want to blame someone for the expiration of Supplement W, please talk to the people at this address.

Blaming Eagle for the actions of the APA is as silly as me blaming APA for the actions of my union to force the flow through. It isn't morally correct to blame one entity for the actions of another.