View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 09:05 AM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by Good Beer View Post
Not trying to set anyone right. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs (without being shouted down or intimidated by people who bring weapons to political events).

Using the 90% example to validate your own particular view falls a bit short. Our crew force isn't exactly a very broad cross section of society as a whole (95% WM + 80% military).

FOX News influencing the crew Force? Not Really. preach to the choir - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Oh goody, quotes from famous dead people! Here's one of my favorites

Every time I criticize what I consider to be excesses or faults in the news business, I am accused of repression, and the leaders of various media professional groups wave the First Amendment as they denounce me. That happens to be my amendment, too. It guarantees my free speech as it does their freedom of the press… There is room for all of us – and for our divergent views – under the First Amendment.
Spiro Agnew

And last but not least

Memphis a victim of crime reports The Commercial Appeal

Officials say Memphis crime rate distorted Knoxville News Sentinel

O yeah, its spelled Capitalist
Sweetpea you used the 90% number not me. Reread your original post. If you dont like Foxnews reach up and turn the channel. Yeah that is it, they pull in more viewers than CNN, HLN, CNBC, and MSNBC combined because they are preaching to the choir. What does that tell you about the size of Kieth Olbermann's "choir".

Good quotes the 2nd one uses the 1st one as the primary source. The primary source uses biased unnamed "officials". Funny how CQ and Forbes use the same numbers and come up 14th and 2nd respectively. Must be all those right wingers at forbes who have it in for Memphis. I could care less about memphis or the crime rate. I was defending the democratic channel selection process in AOC. Personally I would prefer NCIS or Frasier reruns.