View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 11:18 AM
guycobb
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2010

Originally Posted by guycobb View Post
Game on Cliffy. I have yet to have anyone successfully refute my documentation, specifically FedEx Express or the Airport Authority. Remember that the data is all coming from Express and the Airport Authority. I did not write the studies, structural drawings, or create the $45 million dollar revolving line of credit the Airport used just in case their FAA entitlement loans didn't come in on time. If my mom was using my shipping account for five years why would Express terminate me two weeks before the new runway opened unless they knew that I would keep asking them to look at the data. All I can say Cliffy is I'm from Missouri so if you want to call me a joke then you're going to have to Show Me that tunnel : )
The NTSB report states that "Witnesses reported that the rear fuselage of the airplane scraped the runway for about 3,000 to 4,000 feet". If the entire runway is just under 9000 feet and you've landed, pitched, bounced and landed again and then begin with a tailstrike for 3000 to 4000 feet then you will have had to have passed over the tunnel which is just east of the center. Keep in mind that I interviewed and recorded Tom Clarke, the Airport Authority's Chief Planner who was the person who told me about the damage in the tunnels in addition to what I saw and reported to Express. Express Operations and the MIAC have the most to lose here. I'm in no way trying to scare anyone, I just think that a lot of parties other than the pilots have been attempting to make decisions for them and this is an opportunity for them to decide for themselves. I'm making my living as a painter so can't say I'm feeling disgruntled.