View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Trip7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by Purpleanga View Post
Why does it matter? The point is they're sick of this one.

The only thing keeping people flying is the actual love for it, if you take that away, there's no job satisfaction, no benefits, low pay and all the rest of it. That's why people are leaving. The juice isn't worth the squeeze.
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I love flying, Im pretty satisfied with my job, I have decent health insurance, have been able to travel around the globe and had a blast , the pay at my regional airline is decent past 1st year, and I have no intention of leaving even though I face 3+ years til upgrade. The airline biz does have its problems but it sure as heck beats running the rat race in the corporate world working for someone else. The juice is worth the squeeze for me, but it may not be for many others.

But like someone put it earlier, only you can know what you want to do with your life and what makes you happy. Some people are very comfortable and happy flying airplanes in the current environment, some aren't. The best advice is to purse a choice that will make you happy and improve your QOL. But be careful, the grass may not be as green on the other side as it appears