View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 03:01 PM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

I'll admit to thinking, what in the world did flight attendants do to ALPA? And besides that it's not like any FA turned pilot didn't pay their dues?!?

But I see now. Well, first and foremost there should be an exemption for combat trained crews. Consider the guy 3' from you as a "crew". If he moves you move you all move or you ride the rocket, play in the water, and make the news... as opposed to a part 121 crew where the other pilot is also 3' from you and when he lifts a leg you open your air vents.

I still believe that there should be a push for a non governmental certification board or a Part 121 license or multicrew license.

But yes, it's ignorant that somebody didn't think through this rule and that even non mil guys like myself get that single seat is not John Wayne or Chuck Norris but a crew environment with more critical roles and concise communication requirements than a 121 cockpit. And sure there is only one pilot taking off and landing but that can be said of a part 121 cockpit too. Unless the other guy is a [radio edit].