View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Ragtop Day
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2010
Position: B737 FO

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
As to the reserve roulette game, I've never personally had scheduling add SC after all of the SCs were already given out which typically happens around 10am-12pm mecca time or at the worst 3pm. Few people would be home by then. So don't leave town until you call DAL-CREW and go 1 > 2 > 2.

Now that said, I've noticed a trend with scheduling in that most of the week they only put a few people on SC for a given slot 0400-1600, 0700-1900, etc. But on Thursdays, they put about double or even more on SC then they do at other times. It might be because Thursday trips go TH-FR-SA or -SU, i.e. people tend to get sick. I don't know but I'd actually hope thats the case rather than the Thursday scheduler does it different then the others.

---
Captain Sully was in the American Idol audience, they took time to clap for him.
I wish I was as lucky as you. It does not happen often, but every few months I have them tack on a SC later in the day, just had it happen a couple weeks ago. As you said usually by 3 pm they are done, but a few times I have gotten calls later in the pm for morning stuff-most of the time because snow or storms are moving towards mecca.

The last year or two we have been overstaffed which has led to more open time to be covered by white slips and therefore less need for SC's. This summer I am expecting a revival of the great tradition of working us reserves to the bone. Not too long ago I remember getting off a redeye to find min rest and another trip later that night. And few things suck more than commuting home, checking the "1>2>2" before leaving the airport and having to get on the exact same jumpseat back to ATL.