View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Kilgore Trout
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Livin' the dream
Default Dreams I'll hopefully never see

Did somebody mention zombie apocalypse?

In that dire case- what I'd like to have handy beyond the very necessary autoloading 22 that would be used for precise, cheap, and multiple close to medium range head shots would be the following.

A tuned up Remington 700 in .308 (Ah, 7.62) to reach out a bit, something along the lines of an M-24 minus the heavy barrel but with bipod and good optics. I like the 700's as they are pretty cheap, accurate out of the box, and come in many flavors. You can order them however you like at your nearest Alaskan Wal-Mart.

I've got a wee bit of time behind and beside an M-24 and can say I'd love to have a rifle even half as accurate at 800 meters. I think it's possible with a nice gone through store bought 700. For not too much money.

Pistols- hmm. I guess a 1911 for nostalalgia sake, but the only ones I ever laid my innacurate pistol hand on were prone to jamming. Cheap ones I guess?

I'd probably pick a Glock to be honest.

I would also need a really hot red-headed or raven haired spotter who knows when to drink water and can call for fire.

That's the hard part of fighting zombies. Finding allies.

Oh, did you hear the one about the dyslexic zombie?
He only eats Brians.