View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 01:59 PM
MrBigAir
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Default Too many forums on this site

There are too many forums here. A significant portion of relevant conversation to either the "Majors" forum or the "Regionals" forum gets moved to obscure forums way down the list, and the conversation effectively comes to a standstill. Just a quick look at the number of persons viewing forums makes this point. As of this posting there are over 100 people viewing the "Majors" and "Regionals" forums right now, but just a handful viewing (and posting) any of the others.

It's not my website, but as someone who uses it to stay current on industry issues and rumors, it's beginning to become a little of a hassle to sift through several different forums rather than the pages in a particular forum. By happenstance I'm on reserve this week, but when I'm on the line and I have a few minutes in the crew room, I don't have the time or patience to search through several forums to read interesting subjects. I hit up two or three, and that's it. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

I understand the intent of moving content, and some should most definitely be moved, but there's a lot that I personally feel would be best left in place. This is a great place, but right now the divisions are conquering the airline pilot conversation.

Ok, that's it.