View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 09:32 PM
ToiletDuck
Che Guevara

Joined APC: Aug 2005

Get everything single first. Your multi is just learning to fly with a hella lot of rudder because your other engine will be failed the rest of the time lol. If and after you get your other ratings you still want it then go for it. I threw down a visa and hit up my CFII like that. Wouldn't ahve my current job without it.

Remember if you get your multi before commercial you'll just be a private multi and not a com multi and you'll have to redo it.

PS as for multi time I dont' have much but what I do have is twin turbo prop in a Merlin IIIB. Fun plane to scoot around in. Worry about your TT and stuff first. Get a cfi job at a local FBO and not a flight school. Flight schools sometimes get you hours a little quicker. However at a FBO you meet people. I don't have an MEI but I still get to fly in the Merlin because the ower met me and grew to like me. He pops in from time to time to talk IFR and religion jokes(he's a minister as well as a good businessman) and anytime the merlin is going somewhere I have the option to fly it. You should have seen the FAA's eyes when they ramp checked us and he told them I was the PIC with only about 3.5hrs in the thing lol. Anywho go to a FBO. Do your CFI stuff there. Greet everyone with a smile and firm handshake. You'll find things opening up to you. I still don't know how but I even got 5hrs in the local 421 air ambulance lol.