View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 12:16 PM
hiplainsdrifter
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2009

While I wouldn’t knock Jetblue, per se, they have slid down my list as an airline to target. It all depends on your current situation. If I was furloughed or displaced to the right seat at a regional, then I’d make a concerted application effort, but as a relatively senior regional captain, I’m not giving up my seat for a pay cut, grinding out the next few years in the right or even left seat of an E190 waiting to return to my current pay when I can gamble that two years from now there will be better opportunities to seize upon. I’m keeping my powder dry to fire when the time is right. But again, if I was in a different situation I’d have a completely different perspective. If I lived in one of their bases that could push me over the edge to apply but there’s no way I’m commuting to the right seat of an E190.

Everything I’ve heard about Jetblue has been, well fine. Just fine, not too great, but not bad either. I think the golden age has passed to get on with Jetblue, ok, that can be said about every other airline, but it feels more so with them. No thanks and good luck to all who make a run for it! It sure is great news though to hear they could be hiring soon! Are we rounding a corner?

Last edited by hiplainsdrifter; 04-29-2010 at 05:25 PM.