View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 06:16 PM
cactusdog16
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: 737 Capt

Originally Posted by thor2j View Post
Career expectations as well as longevity(NOT DOH) have weight. CAL has 10x more career expectations.
Thor:

With all due respect, you need to understand what UAL is bringing to the table (again, twice as many WBs as CAL and a huge international presence) and admit to yourself that the UAL pilots do have significant career expectations. Just because CAL's current upgrade time is shorter than UAL's does not mean that the career expectation of a UAL pilot is "nada," or even that "CAL's is 10x UAL's." That is simply ridiculous.

Aren't you salivating just a little at the prospect of your airline's widebody fleet tripling in size?? C'mon, you can admit it! Better pay! More days off! Who wouldn't like that? And now you want to jump ahead of all those United pilots who have been waiting in line for the higher paying, better quality-of-life equipment?

Originally Posted by thor2j View Post
I am trying to be neutral by saying the only fair way is relative seniority. I would personally like the career expectations heavily weighted, but figure the only way we will ever come to an agreement is straight relative seniority.
Straight relative seniority would place you closer to the higher-paying, better QOL equipment than you have ever been. It would place me further away than I have ever been since being a new-hire well over a decade ago. How would that be fair? If the fleet types of our two companies were more closely aligned, I would say straight relative seniority would be a go. But they're not. And it's not.